APPLICATION DEVELOPER - NATIONAL RESILIENCE
|Location:||Fire Service Headquarters|
|Job Type:||Fixed Term Contract Full Time|
Application Developer (National Resilience)
Grade 9: £29, 055 - £30, 756 per annum
Would you like to use your skills to help save lives in a creative, challenging and innovative environment?
We are a team of software professionals challenging the way applications are delivered in the public sector. We are looking for talented and enthusiastic people to join our expanding application development team, working on web/mobile greenfield projects, reducing risk and keeping communities across the UK safe.
You are enthusiastic and talented and would like to be an integral part of a creative and innovative application development team. You are a master of your own trade and a jack of some. Whatever you don’t know, you can learn quickly and deliver results on time. You thrive in a busy, hands-on environment where you can put your superb communication and teamwork skills into action.
What you’ll be doing:
• Hands on delivery of modern, cloud based applications and microservices (using flat and related storage with no limits to expand into new services suggested by you)
• Ensuring best practice is followed so services are secure, accessible, performant, maintainable and scalable
What equipment/tools will be provided for developers?
• Microsoft Surface Book 2
• Dual screen docking station setups
• Visual Studio Enterprise 2017 (MSDN)
• Visual Studio Team Services (Source Code Repository)
• £125 Microsoft Azure credit per month
Be part of the future with Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service Development Team.
You will work in a dedicated office in an agile team which encourages collaboration, creative thinking and close team working. We will help you realise and pursue your own career path, with progression through natural growth, personal development, training and regular reviews in a friendly and supportive environment.
We offer a competitive package with some great benefits in a creative workspace.
• Dedicated creative space for the development team to collaborate
• Generous flexible working arrangements
• Freedom to experiment with new services and technologies
• Dedicated time for self-learning
• Demo Fridays
• 22 days holiday (rising to 27 after 5 years) plus Bank holidays and Christmas close-down
• Access to free on-site gym
• Free, secure parking and canteen
• Contributory pension
• Easy access from motorway (M57/M58) and Merseyrail network
Contract: Fixed term contract for 12 months
Closing date: Midnight Monday 4th June 2018
|Contact Name:||Sara Williams|
|Telephone:||0151 296 4925|