FRONT END LEAD DEVELOPER
|Location:||Fire Service Headquarters|
|Job Type:||Fixed Term Contract Full Time|
Front End Lead Developer
Salary: Upto £37, 107 per annum dependent on skills and experience
Would you like to use your skills to help save lives in a creative, challenging and innovative environment?
We are a team of software professionals challenging the way applications are delivered in the public sector. We are looking for talented and enthusiastic people to join our expanding application development team, working on web/mobile greenfield projects, reducing risk and keeping communities across Merseyside safe.
You are enthusiastic and talented and would like to be an integral part of a creative and innovative application development team. You are a master of your own trade and a jack of some. Whatever you don’t know, you can learn quickly and deliver results on time. You thrive in a busy, hands-on environment where you can put your superb communication and teamwork skills into action.
What you’ll be doing:
• Hands on delivery of modern, cloud based applications and microservices
• Be a key member of the development team, specialising in your core competency but also working on projects using technologies you may be unfamiliar with
• Ensuring best practice is followed so applications are secure, accessible, performant, maintainable and scalable
What equipment/tools will be provided for developers?
We will provide state of the art equipment/tools to work on a modern software stack including:
• Microsoft Surface Book 2
• Dual screen docking station setups
• Visual Studio Enterprise 2017 (MSDN)
• Justinmind UI prototyping tool
• Visual Studio Team Services (Source Code Repository)
• £125 Microsoft Azure credit per month
• Pluralsight Licence
Be part of the future with Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service Development Team.
You will work in a dedicated office in an agile team which encourages collaboration, creative thinking and close team working. We will help you realise and pursue your own career path, with progression through natural growth, personal development, training and regular reviews in a friendly and supportive environment.
We offer a competitive package with some great benefits in a creative workspace.
• Dedicated creative space for the development team to collaborate
• Generous flexible working arrangements
• Freedom to experiment with new services and technologies
• Dedicated time for self-learning
• Demo Fridays
• 22 days holiday (rising to 27 after 5 years) plus Bank holidays and Christmas close-down
• Access to free on-site gym
• Free, secure parking and canteen
• Contributory pension
• Excellent Occupational Health services
• Easy access from motorway (M57/M58) and Merseyrail network
Contract: Fixed Term contract for 3 years
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please click on the Apply button and upload a copy of your CV.
Closing date: Midnight, Sunday 19th August 2018
|Contact Name:||Sara Williams|
|Telephone:||0151 296 4925|