C# .NET DEVELOPER
|Location:||Fire Service Headquarters|
|Job Type:||Fixed Term Contract Full Time|
C# .Net Developer
Salary: £29,636 - £31,371 per annum
Contract: Fixed term contract for 2 years
like to use your skills to help save lives in a creative, challenging and
We are a team of software professionals challenging the way applications are delivered in the public sector. We are looking for talented and enthusiastic people to join our expanding application development team, working on web/mobile greenfield projects, reducing risk and keeping communities across Merseyside safe.
You are enthusiastic and talented and would like to be an integral part of a creative and innovative application development team. You are a master of your own trade and a jack of some. Whatever you don’t know, you can learn quickly and deliver results on time. You thrive in a busy, hands-on environment where you can put your superb communication and teamwork skills into action.
What you’ll be doing:
• Hands on delivery of modern, cloud based applications and microservices – with a current focus on .Net MVC web apps, azure functions and offline UWP native development
• Be a key member of the development team, specialising in your core competency but also working on projects using technologies you may be unfamiliar with
• Ensuring best practice is followed so applications are secure, accessible, performant, maintainable and scalable
What equipment/tools will be provided for developers?
We will provide state of the art equipment/tools to work on a modern software stack including:
• Microsoft Surface Book 2
• Dual screen docking station setups
• Visual Studio Enterprise 2017/19 (MSDN)
• Azure DevOps (Source Code Repository)
• £125 Microsoft Azure credit per month
• Pluralsight Licence
Be part of the future with Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service Development Team.
You will work in a dedicated office in an agile team which encourages collaboration, creative thinking and close team working. We will help you realise and pursue your own career path, with progression through natural growth, personal development, training and regular reviews in a friendly and supportive environment.
We offer a competitive package with some great benefits in a creative workspace.
• Dedicated creative office space for the development team to collaborate
• Full flexible working arrangements with a 35 hours standard week
• Freedom to experiment with new services and technologies
• Dedicated time for self-learning and event attendance
• Demo Fridays
• 22 days holiday (rising to 27 after 5 years) plus Bank holidays and Christmas close-down
• Access to free on-site gym
• Free, secure parking and canteen
• Contributory pension of 6.8% by employee and 15.2% by MFRS
• Excellent Occupational Health services
• Easy access from motorway (M57/M58) and Merseyrail network
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please click on the Apply button and upload a copy of your CV.
Closing date: midnight Tuesday 20th August 2019
|Contact Name:||Recruitment Team|
|Telephone:||0151 296 4925|